We are sorry but in the interests of hygiene and health, we cannot refund any products that have been opened or unsealed. We would recommend that this product is fitted by trained medical staff (eg dentist, ENT, physician, etc)
The latest innovation from Tomed. The new SomnoGuard SP Soft mandibular advancement device (MAD) is a two-part adjustable appliance with improved comfort and greater durability.
Two-part incrementally adjustable mandibular advancement device
Each of the two identical hard polycarbonate trays is filled with a soft copolymer which, when heated, takes perfect impressions of the teeth for a secure and comfortable fit. The connecting mechanism is on the cheek side of the device rather than the tongue side so the design provides unrestricted space for the tongue. From a choice of six different lengths, a pair of equal length connectors are fitted, one either side of the device, to couple the two parts together to a maximum advancement of 10mm.
SomnoGuard SP Soft can be worn by patients with retrognathia (a receeding lower jaw / weak chin).
Specific features :
- Moulded easily at home in about 10 minutes one tray at a time.
- Can be moulded over and over again.
- Comfortable and small.
- Incremental advancement of the lower jaw up to 10mm.
- Impression material in the channels grips the teeth firmly.
- Excellent retention in the mouth during sleep.
- Suitable if you have a few missing teeth.
- Very low bite opening, i.e., the distance between the upper and lower incisors is only about 2 or 3mm.
- 2-piece design allows side-to-side movement of the jaw.
- Mouth breathing possible - useful if you have a cold.
- No metals used.
- Spare set of connectors included.
- Lightweight and durable construction.
None of the SomnoGuard products contain phthalates.
Please note: Although this oral appliance is manufactured in two versions: SomnoGuard SP Soft and SomnoGuard SP Hard, we are only offering the SP Soft to the general public. The SP Hard version is rather difficult to mould and only a dentist or doctor should carry out the fitting following appropriate training.
The lining of the SomnoGuard SP Soft is made from a transparent copolymer - the same lining is used in the Tomed SomnoGuard AP.
Patients under 18 years, Central sleep apnoea, Severe respiratory disorders, Epilepsy, Temporomandibular joint disorder, Insufficient number of teeth, Large gaps between the teeth, Periodontitis, Loose teeth, Dental crowns or Prostheses, Tooth decay, (Strong) gag reflex, Limited Mandibular advancement capacity